I’m taking a page out of my friend and fellow Orlando #girlboss blogger, Nikki, and doing a 28 facts for my 28th birthday post! You can read her post here. And make sure to follow her on Instagram, @thefashionableaccountant. I turned 28 this past Saturday on April 29. Here’s to being a year older! (not so much wiser!)
- I graduated from the University of Central Florida with a Bachelors in English. Although I’m not working in my field, my degree means the world to me. I loved college and I loved being able to study literature. I got to connect with people who shared the same passion as me. You’ll still find me with my nose in a book and of course, WRITING!
- I was born in the Philippines. We moved to South Carolina when I was 9 months old.
- I HATE doing laundry. There’s nothing I loath more than having to PUT the laundry away.
- I’m an only child ( I have two step sisters now), and I totally act like the “only child”. I like my alone time, I can be bratty if I don’t get my way and I only do things if I really want to do them.
- My favorite colors are blush pink, rose gold and black.
- I went to Catholic school my whole life! I experienced one year in public school, which was my Freshman year of high school
- I don’t know how to ride a bicycle.
- I love baking! My fiancé and I enjoy watching, “The Great British Bake Off”. I would say it’s our favorite show and we get a lot of inspiration from it.
- When I get super excited, I stutter!
- My favorite foods are Korean and Japanese.
- I’m a huge WWE fan. When my grandma moved here from the Philippines, she watched a lot of Wrestling. She didn’t understand English that well and wrestling was something she could watch without having to understand the language. I still watch it to this day because it’s a small connection I still have with my grandma. This year I went to Wrestlemania which was here in Orlando and I like to think she was with me <3
- My favorite novel is, “White Oleander”, by Janet Finch.
- I’m a sucker for reality TV. I’m obsessed with Keeping Up with the Kardashians, The Real Housewives and Total Divas.
- I love skulls, I have so much skull decor in my home it’s insane. Skulls and marble are part of my aesthetic .
- I was part of Sigma Tau Delta in college because I loved English THAT much.
- I like reading trashy romance novels.
- My favorite scent is lavender vanilla.
- My favorite perfume is Nirvana (black) by Elizabeth and James and Peony and Blush Suede by Jo Malone.
- I have TOO many shoes and handbags.
- I have two drink obsessions: sweet tea and Coke Zero.
- I’m deathly afraid of heights.
- My first luxury handbag was a Louis Vuitton Speedy 35.
- My first luxury shoe were a pair of Christian Louboutins which I later sold because they were too uncomfortable.
- When I was younger, I hated being called Kim. I don’t care anymore now that I’m older but when I was younger I thought Kim sounded too Asian. I was literally one of the only Asian kids in my school and I hated being different. How silly!
- I love to sing even though I’m not that good.
- I have an obsession with Kanye West, he’s my favorite rapper and musical artist. I love everything he creates.
- My mom is my best friend; she means everything to me and I don’t know what I’d do without her.
- I absolutely LOVE Orlando! After all, it is the City Beautiful!
Well kudos if you actually stuck around and read all of that! Hopefully you know me better and our connection is deeper… 🙂
Until next time,