One of my 2016 resolutions is to blog more frequently. I know I probably say that a lot and make that promise quite a bit but I honestly need it. As a “writer” (self-proclaimed, but who cares?), I find myself lacking in the creativity department. When I was in college, I was CONSTANTLY reading and writing. That was my life…Now I’m functioning member of society, working in corporate America. When I come home I have a house to clean, errands to run, Netflix to watch, brunching with Steven.. you get the picture.
Anyways, that wasn’t the point of this blog. What I want to talk about is the best of the best, in my humble opinion, of skincare for this year. I am a creature of habit. I say that all the time because it’s true. I have pretty problematic skin so when I find something I love, I really try and stick with it.
I have quite a few favorites this year so I will be breaking this down into several different posts. So let’s jump in!
- Nip+Fab Dragon’s Blood Fix Plumping Serum: Alright, I’m going to be honest, I basically bought this product because I saw Kylie Jenner said she uses it. But honestly, I love it! It has a great scent that I love (if you’re sensitive to scents, maybe skip out on this) and I feel like it really gets the job done. If you’re not incorporating Hyaluronic acid into your skincare, do yourself a favor and grab this and start NOW. I think the price point is fair at $20 and you can get it at Ulta. Everything in the Nip + Fab line is great in my opinion and Ulta sometimes has their products for buy one, get one 50% off.
- Vitamin E Skin Oil, I use Derma E: I have acne scarring and hyperpigmentation and I find that vitamin E oil works the best in helping reducing the appearance. I picked up this bottle on a whim and I ended up loving in. I found this particular bottle at Marshall’s for $5.99 🙂
- Etude House: Wonder Pore Tightening Essence: My mom picked this up for me while in the Philippines. One of the sales ladies at Etude House told her that the Wonder Pore line was her favorite. I use the essence three times a week and I’ve noticed a huge difference with my pores. I know a lot of my fellow Asian sisters know what I mean….
- Etude House: Pearl Aura Whitening Essence: Combined with my vitamin E oil, this has definitely improved the look of my skin.
- Thayer’s Witch Hazel: I have acne prone skin, and if you didn’t know witch hazel is excellent for helping to fight acne. It’s my favorite toner and acne treatment. I load up on this around that time of month. This particular brand is alcohol free which is great! It doesn’t leave your skin feeling dry and tight. I found mine at a local health store so I’m sure you can find one near you as well.
- Simple Eye Makeup Remover: I tend to go drugstore when it comes to anything makeup removing. The Simple brand is readily available, very affordable and does a great job removing my water proof mascara. It doesn’t irritate my eyes, which is a huge plus! I actually find that a lot of eye makeup removers burn which what the heck is up with that?!
- Etude House: Wonder Pore Freshener: There’s a reason why there’s another Wonder Pore product from Etude House….it’s just that good! I love this because it does what it says, it feels refreshing, and it doesn’t leave your skin feeling dry and tight. I’m a huge fan of Etude House in general but I recommend the Wonder Pore line if you’re looking to try a skincare product from the company.
- Michael Todd True Organics Lemon Toner: You might be thinking I use way too many toners, and you may be right but I don’t use all these toners everyday. I use the Michael Todd toner about twice a week, generally when I use my microdermabrasion machine. My main concern is the acne scarring and discoloration I have so a lot of the products I use are to combat that. Because this toner has lemon it really helps lighten acne scars.
Have you tried any of the above products? What are your thoughts or experiences? If you haven’t tried them, is there one you’re interested in trying?
I have some more coming up in the skincare category so stay tuned to find out what else I love!