As many of you guys know I’m part of Style Collective, a blogger network for some major boss babes. Style Collective has helped me step up my blogging game and has given me the tools I need to grow as a blogger/brand. To really push myself, I signed up to be one of the Regional Leaders for Style Collective. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but having no expectations can be a good thing. One of my first “duties” as a Regional Leader was to put together a launch party for the Style Collective podcast, “Becoming Fearless“. Style Collective Founder, Annie Spano, now has weekly podcasts. I definitely recommend checking them out. I listen to the podcast every Monday on my train commute to work to power up my week 😉
Last week Annie came up with The Fearless Award. What’s that you ask?
As a Regional Leader, Annie nominated me (and all the other Leaders as well!) so thanks girl! I thought it would be cool to nominate some other ladies and share the love <3
Fearless Award Questions:
Who are you?!
My name’s Kimberly and I’m the women behind Brunchandgloss.com. I’m a dreamer, fighter and lover of brunch. I try not to take things too seriously, I tend to laugh at the wrong moments and I’m watch too many reality TV shows.
What is your blog/Instagram all about?
My blog and my Instagram are direct reflections of me. You hear people say that you should find a theme for your Instagram and I can’t do it! I can’t tie myself down to a singular theme. Is it a good practice to not have a theme? Probably not. But my interests and my style are always changing.
What do you LOVE about blogging/Instagramming?
I love being able to share what I love and what interests me to like minded people. The connections I’ve made with people ALL over the world are so important to me. I feel like I’ve made some genuine friendships. I also enjoy how I am constantly learning through both mediums.
What do you not love about blogging/Instagramming?
The hate you sometimes get. I recently encountered my first internet “bully” and it made me really sad. Not sad in the sense that I was sad because someone took the time to target me but sad that someone felt the need to do so.
What are your goals (big and small!) for your blog/Instagram?
Several things; I want my readers to celebrate their uniqueness and realize it’s okay to just be themselves! We shouldn’t be worried about judgement and we should be able to live our lives the way WE want. Of course, I want to grow my readership and reach as well. And to make more meaningful connections with those who follow and support me.
If you could be better at one thing, what would it be?
TIME MANAGEMENT. It’s as simple as that, I don’t need to elaborate.
Who are your biggest supporters? How/why?
My fiance, Steven, and my parents. Steven is such an amazing support system and makes it so much easier for me to do what I love. Those pictures on my blog? He takes them! He’s creative like me so he understands the hustle. More importantly, he believes in me and my vision.
My parents of course support me and are my number one fans of WHATEVER I do. They are encouraging and push me to do what I love.
What do you wish there was more of in your life?
Time. As I get older, I realize how precious time is and how fast it goes. I don’t feel like I have enough time during the day to do HALF the things I set out to do.
Fearless Award Secret Facts:
- I’m horrible at doing my hair. I can’t braid worth crap and I never have enough patience try out new hair styles.
- It’s not much of a secret, but I own WAY too many lip products. How many nude pink shades can one person have? Not enough apparently…..
- I may have an addiction to Coke Zero and Diet Coke. I mean have you ever had an ice cold Coke Zero on a scorching out Florida summer? Then you know how life saving it is….
- One of my favorite authors is Amy Tan. Talk about a real boss babe!
- There isn’t a lot of food I don’t like, I’ll pretty much eat anything BUT I absolutely cannot stand olives. ew.
SO now for the good part! Who do I nominate?
- Thefashionableaccountant: Nikki is also a Regional Leader for the Orlando area. We worked on getting the podcast launch party together and she’s a real gem. She was the first local blogger I met and was willing to share whatever information she had. She’s a true leader and a real #bossbabe. I look up to her not only because she runs a successful blog but because she’s a lady who can do it all! From balancing her home live, to making sure she’s always putting out content she’s amazing. Follow her Instagram here.
- Styledelgate: I met Maya through Nikki. Maya also happens to be part of Style Collective and she helped out with the planning of our launch party. What I admire about Maya is her spirit and the aura she has around her! She’s uplifting and her happiness is infectious. Like Nikki, she’s a real boss babe who does it all. I can only hope to be even HALF way inspiring as her. Follow her Instagram here.
- Littlemissrosie: I met Hailey at the Style Collective podcast launch party and I’ve been following her blog and Instagram since. She’s new on the blog scene and I was in love with her hustle. She drove a good distance to come out to the brunch and I thought, “This girl has balls!” and I mean that in the best way possible. I’m 28 years old and I’m now taking the plunge to step out of my comfort zone so seeing Hailey do something I’d be scared to do was inspiring. Follow her Instagram here.
- EllDuclos: Lauren, or Ell, was a blogger I met with Facebook. Lauren is another one of those girls I have to give kudos to because her hustle is REAL. She’s sweetheart who has a lot of drive and a kind heart. I’m excited to see where she goes in life because I know she’s going to do GREAT things. I love her blog because it reflects her inspiring spirt and puts you in a good mood. Follow her Instagram here.
- The.Orlando.Tourist: So Margot doesn’t have a blog but she has a DOPE Instagram page showcasing the city I love, Orlando. I connected with Margot via Instagram and I’ve been taken aback by how much she’s grown! If you want to see Orlando the way it SHOULD be enjoyed, follow her. Her content is amazing and she’s a local boss babe showing O-Town the love it deserves.
So what happens next?
Here’s what you do next:
Compose the post on your blog (or Instagram? Could be kind of fun?!) and THANK the person who nominated you! Be sure to link to their blog/Instagram!
Answer the Fearless Award questions (the questions that I answered above). List out 5 secret facts about yourself/blog/brand. Have fun with this!
Nominate at least 5 #bossbabes who you think align with the Style Collective mantra of women championing women! List them and link to their blogs/Instagram. Include a sentence or two on why you love their blog/Instagram!
Inform the nominees that you’ve elected them for the Fearless Award! They should post their answers and award rules on their blog/Instagram.
Until next time,