Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I’ve been blogging on and off for years! As I get older, I find blogging more enjoyable because it has become a creative outlet for me. When I spend my day crunching numbers and pushing paper, I need to come home and do something enjoyable for myself! I currently freelance for different online publications as well as print.
Name a beauty regimen that you rarely do?
I’ll be honest, I don’t really think there’s one I skip. I find it VERY important to do things for yourself. Beauty regimens and routines fall into that category because when I feel confident about the way I look, I feel good all around! I will say that there are things I’m slow on. Like painting my finger nails; I always have them painted but it doesn’t bug me if there chipped.
Is washing your make-up brushes something that you do regularly?
I try to! I make sure my beauty blender is clean because not only does it look gross but it feels yucky when all that foundation starts piling on as well. I tend to spot clean my eye shadow brushes on a daily basis so that when I do a deep cleaning they aren’t so dirty.
How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
I can last a pretty long time. Like I said previously, chipped nails don’t bother me. I do get a pedicure when my toenail polish starts to chip because I live in Florida so sandals and open toe shoes are pretty much mandatory. While I always have my finger nails painted, I hate getting them done. I don’t like doing to the salon to get them done because I can’t sit still for that long. I end up ALWAYS smudging them. I’d rather do my nails myself, but it’s the same thing…. I’m so impatience!
What is your worst beauty habit?
I have two: picking my nail polish and picking at blemishes!
Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?
FOLDING AND PUTTING AWAY LAUNDRY. Notice the all caps…. I absolutely dread it.
When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute?
No way! I hate feeling rushed or doing things last minute. If it’s a larger event, I need to be at least three hours ahead of the event time. Meaning if the event is at 6 pm, by 3pm I’m done getting ready. For everyday things, at least an hour ahead of time.
Would you rather go out with messy hair and nice makeup or nice hair and no makeup?
Messy hair and nice make up.
Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Back in the day, no. Now, yes. My skin is a lot better now that I’m older. While I’m still prone to hormonal breakouts, it’s not nearly as bad as it used to me.
Name your top five beauty products
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation: I’m in the shade Desert Beige which is my perfect color.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: Holy Grail product. I will never use another setting powder!
- The Original Beauty Blender: I’ve tried dupes but nothing works as well as the real thing. You can find some good deals every once and awhile on-line so keep your eyes out!
- Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Mask: This was the game changer for me when it came to my acne. Morgan Stewart from #RichKidsofBeverlyHills swears by this, which is why I picked it up. Have you seen her skin?! FLAWLESS.
- Origins Out Of Trouble™ 10 Minute Mask To Rescue Problem Skin: Another product that has changed my skin. Whenever I start to get a hormonal breakout, I apply this mask and within a day or two, things definitely clear up.
Any of you wonderful bloggers out there that are reading this, do it this if you haven’t and let me know and I can read it! I love learning more about you guys out there. Till next time.
**images used were found on google image.